Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Discussion: Covers!

---------------------------------------------------

  Monday Discussion is a discussion I will post on Mondays (obviously) if I don't have a book to review that week.

---------------------------------------------------

This week's discussion will be about COVERS!

I'm sure you know the old saying "don't judge a book by it's cover" but I am very guilty of doing this. If I'm browsing Amazon or a bookstore I most likely won't click on or pick up a book that's cover doesn't intrigue me. I think having an amazing and original book cover is what is going to help a book sell.

How about you? Do you judge a book by it's cover or will you pick up any book? If it's not the cover that draws you to a book then what does? 

Also, I'm not a big fan of movie book covers. If I'm buying a book that has been made into a movie I will look for the book with the original book cover before I will pick up the one with the movie cover. What are your thoughts of movie book covers? 

I wonder what drew a reader to pick up a book back in the day when all that was on a book cover was the title of the book and the authors name? It's crazy how much books have changed over the years!

Let me know your thoughts on covers and why you think they are or are not important!

--------------------------------------------------- 

2 comments:

  1. Book covers are very important, if I'm browsing books I am more likely to pick up a cover that intriges me

    ReplyDelete